The MDT project has sat idle for a couple of weeks, so today I decided to start the weathering and detailing process. I tend to avoid the over-use of weathering powders, and opt for paints when it comes to this type of work. So far, I have painted the interior "interior green", and it made a huge difference in the brightness of the model. Because Shapeways detail acrylics are semi translucent, and yellow paints are as well, the combination made for a pleasant change. Instead of a bright lemon yellow, the model is much more muted, and looks much more like the industrial yellow we're used to seeing.
Chipping has been started with Tamiya Red Brown, and I've got some more pin washes to apply, as well as painting the undersides of the louvers. Once the body is done, I'll move on to the chassis.
I'm expecting the "brick box" to arrive in a few days, so it's best to get caught up with this one, and I'll soon be ordering the test prints of the PUP, so I had best get back after it!